From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 29 2012 - 16:08:16 CDT

Bob,
  Did you get any warning messages in the VMD text console during either
the QuickSurf calculations or when rendering the Tachyon scene?
Can you send me both the OpenGL rendering and Tachyon rendering of the
same scene? It would help me immensely to actually see what you're
describing. Seeing the images will save me asking you a few tens of
detailed questions...