From: Robert Johnson (robertjo_at_physics.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue May 29 2012 - 14:11:52 CDT

Hello Everyone,
I have a system in VMD that contains a large quartz substrate. The
substrate is about 30nm x 30nm in the xy-plane. I'm using Quick Surf to
draw this substrate. However, in order to fit the entire surface in memory,
I had to define a smaller region of the substrate. Now I'm trying to render
an image using Tachyon. However, the region of the substrate that is in the
background of the image is getting cut off. It seems that this portion of
the surface is not being included in the Tachyon input file at all. I even
tried creating a selection that *only* contained the background portion of
the substrate and again it was not rendered by Tachyon. Is there something
that defines these cutoff distances in Tachyon and/or VMD?
Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Johnson, PhD