From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 29 2012 - 11:16:40 CDT

Jim,
  How much memory is VMD using when you run your 45 minute test?
Does the memory use increase as it runs, or is it flat? From my point
of view, the most likely problem scenario would be a slow memory leak or
a bug in the graphics driver. Given that I haven't experienced this myself
and various companies run VMD as a GPU demo under Windows 7 at trade shows
for several days straight, I would be a bit surprised if it is an issue
with VMD itself, but you may have found some new bug that nobody else has
hit yet. If your files are small enough to post for download, I would be
happy to try and reproduce your problem on our Windows test machines here.