From: Jeffrey Potoff (jpotoffx_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2012 - 19:53:12 CDT

On 5/1/2012 5:14 PM, gökçe ayşe güven wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have 400ns simulation for 1mrp protein system and after 140ns half
> of my protein system moves out of the PBC cell, for that reason, -for
> specific frames- distance between 2 selected atoms (Fe iron and Glu
> residue CA atom) jumps 60 angstrom in 2ps which is impossible. In
> short, I want to keep my protein at the center of my PBC cell for all
> frames. I tried moveby, pbctools, etc. but they didn't work. Could
> anybody help me please?
> --
> Gökçe Ayşe Güven

It is (also) relatively easy to solve this problem using the GROMACS
trajectory manipulation tool trjconv

http://manual.gromacs.org/current/online/trjconv.html

http://www.chem.purdue.edu/slipchenko/courses/chem579/files/lab4/vmd-exercises.pdf

Jeffrey J. Potoff			  jpotoff_at_wayne.edu
Associate Professor			  Wayne State University
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
5050 Anthony Wayne Dr			  Phone:(313)577-9357
Detroit, MI 48202  	                  Fax:  (313)578-5815
http://potoff1.eng.wayne.edu