From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2012 - 14:11:51 CDT

Albert,
  How large is the screen you're using? It seems odd to me that
you would have a 144 dpi display at just 1920x1080 resolution.
Is this some sort of netbook with a physically small screen, e.g.
something with only a 10" to 12" screen? How large are the fonts
used in the VMD FLTK / Tk windows as compared with 'xterm' or
similar X-windows apps? Do you get any warnings from VMD during
startup about missing fonts? It may be possible to force FLTK and Tk
to use a different font by default, but off the top of my head I don't
think it's trivial to do so without creating problems with the menu
layouts throughout the program. I will have to look into it.

Cheers,
  John