From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2012 - 10:58:28 CDT

Hi,
  I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the conventions used by the
GROMACS tools for accessing the VMD plugins. Although I've helped
out the GROMACS team with using our plugins from the programming side,
I don't actually know what they have done to implement their interface
to the VMD plugins, what is required to use it, nor where it is
documented in their user guides. I would suggest asking on one of
the GROMACS mailing lists. I would expect this to be documented somewhere.
Perhaps if anyone here is a GROMACS user they can give suggestions on this.
If someone happens to know the answer I would be grateful if they could
CC me on their reply so I can add an appropriate link to the VMD documentation
to guide users to the correct information.