From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2012 - 12:44:35 CDT

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Andrew DeYoung
<adeyoung_at_andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your time.  Sorry, but no, this doesn't seem to be what I'm
> looking for.  I'm looking for a way to actually print the exact length of
> the hydrogen bond next to the red dashed line representing it (i.e., a text
> label).  I know that it is possible to label specific bonds/lengths by going
> to "VMD Main" -> "Mouse" -> "Label" -> "Bonds".  However, my hydroxyl groups
> rapidly form and break hydrogen bonds (due to ion motions), so I cannot just
> pick one distance and label it.

this is technically possible, but would require
a significant amount of Tcl scripting. you have
access to all the required graphics primitives
and measure hbonds will provide the atom indices.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
College of Science and Technology