From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2012 - 12:12:06 CST

Hi,
  I'm not sure why you're having trouble there, it seems reasonable.
Perhaps there's a typo in your script that I'm not seeing below.
What happens if you download and run one of the example user-defined
movie scripts that are posted here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/vmdmovie/
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/vmdmovie/usermovie.tcl
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/vmdmovie/usermoviefade.tcl