From: sajad falsafi (sajad.falsafi_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2012 - 01:39:07 CST

Hi,

VMD uses the program STRIDE to compute the secondary structure.

vmd > Info) In any publication of scientific results based in part or
Info) completely on the use of the program STRIDE, please reference:
Info) Frishman,D & Argos,P. (1995) Knowledge-based secondary structure
Info) assignment. Proteins: structure, function and genetics, 23, 566-579.

also the Ramaplot plug-in measure the phi and psi angles of residues.

Best of luck,
Sajad Falsafi
Dept. of Genetics, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz
Toxicology Research Center, Jondi-Shapour University of Medical Sciences