From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2012 - 08:11:53 CST

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Filip Persson <filip.persson_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I want to add a point light source in my scene and I found this script by
> John Stone to add glow lights:
> (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/att-13907/glowlights.tcl).
> I'm not so familiar with tcl so my question is simply how to run the script
> in VMD?

you source the script to define the namespace and its functions
and then the selftest proc can be seen as an example use.
you'll have to do a little Tcl scripting of yourself to use the
stuff properly. it may even be that the script might need a little
adjustment to be compatible with the latest version of tachyon.

if you need any explanation beyond that, you'll have to
upgrade your knowledge of Tcl. it is hard to modify
Tcl without knowing it. a good starting point for learning
more about Tcl is here: http://www.tcl.tk/doc/

cheers,
    axel.

--