From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2012 - 09:04:57 CST

Luis,
  It appears that one can set the TkCon font when it is first
launched, when running it as a standalone script, so with a little
bit of work I suspect it would not be hard to make the VMD plugin-ized
version of TkCon do the same thing:
  http://tkcon.sourceforge.net/docs/start.html

They apparently support both a command line flag...:
  tkcon.tcl -font "Courier 12" -load Tk
...as well as an internal variable that you can apparently set...:
  ::tkcon::OPT(font)
...and a TkCon resource file configuration line variation:
  tkcon font Courier 12; # valid everywhere

The resource file approach is the one that would probably be the
easiest to use with the VMD plugin-ized version of TkCon.
As described at the top of the TkCon docs, you would just edit a
.tkconrc file (unix) or tkcon.cfg (Windows/Mac).