From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2012 - 10:06:45 CST

Hi,
  I just sent the following query to Michael Doig, if you let me know the
same information I may be able to provide some suggestions to workaround
the problem:

  What platform are you running VMD on? This seems to be an issue related
to deep recursion running out of stack space, which is a problem that tends
to crop up some platforms more than others, and sometimes you can get around
it simply by setting an environment variable. If you can tell me what
platforms you're using, I can provide you with some suggestions to try out.