From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2012 - 23:33:46 CST

Hi,
  I think I'd need to have more information in order to help you out.
If you send me a copy of your Python script, I'll try and take a look
at it when I get a chance. When you asked about getting Python to
"work similarly to Tcl scripts", I'm not exactly sure what you're after.
Tcl was always designed and implemented in such a way that it works
well as an interactive command interpreter. Python is really more
of a pure programming language and less of a command interpreter, so
it's not going to behave quite the same way as Tcl in that respect.
Anyway, if you show me exactly what you're doing, I should be able to
give you some assistance. Sorry for the slow reply, but I've been swamped
getting VMD 1.9.1 ready for release, so I'm behind on emails.