From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2012 - 12:19:32 CST

Hi,
  Yes, this can be done in VMD with various scripting.
It's not clear from your email what type of data you're trying to
plot, nor whether you want it plotted within the VMD graphics window
or in an independent window? Both are possible, but the approaches
are quite different. If you want to draw things into the VMD graphics
window (e.g. superimposed over the molecule) then you would use the VMD
"draw" or "graphics" commands to do this. If you want to plot things to
a graph in a seperate window, you could either use the existing multiplot
plugin (for static graph data) or write a small script to do something
customized for dynamically changing data in a separate Tcl/Tk window that
is synced with the active trajectory frame in VMD. If you can tell us
more specifically what you're trying to plot and where you want the plot
to show up, we can provide more tips.