From: jeela keel (jeela22_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2012 - 15:56:40 CST

Dear VMD users,

 I have similar problem that has been discussed before in this thread
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/8418.html

I loaded a pdb file and a trajectory file (dcd) then used *the GUI plug-in
VMD to 'measure gofr' for measuring rdf between protein and water ( tried
selection1 as name of the protein and selection2 as name of the water, also
tried the resname of protein and resname of water)*
*
got the following* "error measure gofr: unit cell volume is zero". I am
using the PBC wrap trajectory file.

 Similar problem that has been discussed before in this thread
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/8418.html but did
not address how to fix the problem if using the PBC

Any suggestion how to solve the problem of the unit cell or a different way
of getting the rdf

Thank you for any suggestion and your help

jeela