From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2012 - 08:46:25 CST

>> Please try again with the latest VMD beta version.
>>
>> Axel
>>

> I tried the new beta version of VMD and get the same result. I tried it with
> both the bundled version of topotools (not sure which version), and the
> newest version from your website (topotools-1.2-20120114), but it continues
> to segfault, at the writelammpsdata stage.

ok. that means that you are not stumbling over the bug
that was fixed in the beta.

any segfault has to either come from a bug inside of VMD
or you running out of stack/address space.

can you please try one more thing to help identifying
the real cause. please launch VMD like this

vmd -debug

then at the (gdb) prompt type "run"

and then proceed as usual until you get the segfault.
this should drop you back into the debugger.
then type "where"

and report back the output.

thanks,
    axel.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> --
>>> The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
>>> Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
College of Science and Technology