From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2012 - 16:25:37 CST

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM, jeela keel <jeela22_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> this script still has obvious errors (outside of your gofr issue).
>>
>> why can't you just attach the entire script that you have?
>> what is the big secret that you are hiding? you are just
>> wasting your time and won't get proper help.
>>
>  the script is based on the
> following http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/att-8012/gofr-script.tcl

we are going in circles here.

i don't want to see somebody else's script.
i need to see *exactly* what *you* are doing.
i cannot debug something that "looks about the same"
to what you are doing. is this so difficult to understand?

>> on top of that, you obviously didn't pay attention to what
>> i wrote before about the frame numbers being 0-based
>> and not 1-based. if you want all frames, why don't you
>> just use -1 as the "automatic" last frame number?
>

> yes if you have payed attention to my previous email I have tried the -1
> last frame and it gave same error

no. i did. that line was commented out and there was no mentioning of it.
but that brings up another question: what version of VMD are you running?
and on what platform? there has been a bug in a *very* old version of VMD
where the "-1" flag was off.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer