From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 15:42:28 CDT

Ran,
  I forgot to mention, here's the official PDB file format spec,
in case you're curious what information they normally contain:
  http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/docs/format/pdbguide2.2/guide2.2_frame.html

Note that the Rasmol COLO record is non-standard, so other programs
that want to support it will have to read whatever docs the Rasmol/Chime
guys have put together on that.

This is the reason VMD has to guess VDW radii when loading only a PDB file,
no radii info is included in the ATOM record type:
  http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/docs/format/pdbguide2.2/part_62.html

Thanks,
  John Stone