From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 17 2012 - 13:19:21 CST

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Ganesh Kamath <gkamath9173_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have set the angle.

that wasn't my point. i was just pointing out that the distance
is a necessary but not sufficient condition for a hydrogen bond.
you only had manually checked for the distance.

> My question is whether, the hbond analysis can compute
> hydrogen bonds between individual atoms of the chain as specified.

> I want to compute the distance between Nitrogen on the bmim ring and
> the oxygen present on the anion.

huh? you wrote you wanted hydrogen bonds.

> Towards that I use this:
> Selection 1 : resname BMI and type NR1
> Selection 2: resname F2N and type OBT
>
> However, I get no output at all. the hbond.dat is filled with zeroes.

the hbond plugin is just a wrapper for the "measure hbond"
command. all conditions that apply to that command, apply
to the GUI a well.

> Could you please suggest or help.

have you made sure that the selection listed
as the hbond "donor" actually donates hydrogen bonds?

have you checked that your hydrogens are bonded
to the donor selection atoms?

have you made sure that VMD can detect your hydrogens
as hydrogens?

do the hbonds show up with the HBond representation?

axel.

> thanks!

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
College of Science and Technology