From: Sergio Decherchi (sergio.decherchi_at_iit.it)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 16:18:14 CST

Hi,
I was unprecise in defining the problem. At this moment I don't remember
if in the past
I always run msms from inside vmd or I loaded the already computed
.vert and .face files.
Indeed now I tested 1.8.6,1.8.7 on another Windows XP machine without
any Python installation and I still get the same
problem. In the 1.8.7 version I get a crush, in the 1.8.6 version I get
an error on the shell and the surface is not
loaded. Quite surprisingly if I run msms from inside vmd, everything
works fine and the surface is correctly
visualized. For now I didn't manage to load/show an 'already computed'
msms surface in three different Windows machines.
Thanks again,
sd