From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2011 - 09:38:01 CST

bjoern,

it looks like you have saved the state after
having worked with a huge number of molecules.
it is quite possible, that you have triggered some
internal and hard to track down VMD bug.

i see two things that you can do:
a) launch VMD with -debug and then trigger
the "hang" again and then do a kill -STOP
to the "stuck" VMD process and try to get
a stack trace so that we get an idea what
is going on.

b) use a text editor to trim off all the useless
script code. a saved state usually is very verbose
but for the most part, the script code produced
is identical with the default, so it would not really
be needed. that is particularly true for the color
table settings. with such a lean and mean state,
you may not run into any problems.

cheers,
   axel.

--