From: Carolyn Phillips (phillicl_at_umich.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2011 - 17:41:12 CDT

Hello,

This is the problem I am having using Movie Maker with VMD. I want to make a movie out of a trajectory that is 10,000 frames long and I want to skip to every 20th frame. If I set a trajectory step size of more than two digits, it is interpreted as only the first digit. Here is an example

trajectory step size --> 1 , (Claimed) Movie Duration 416 seconds, 10000 frames processed.
trajectory step size --> 5 , (Claimed) Movie Duration 83 seconds, 2000 frames processed.
trajectory step size --> 10 , (Claimed) Movie Duration 41 seconds, 10000 frames processed.
trajectory step size --> 20 , (Claimed) Movie Duration 20 seconds, 5000 frames processed.

In the last, the resultant move was several minutes long, but only the first 18 seconds of movie had actual trajectory. After that it was a fixed frame.

I am using the MPEG-1 format, ppm2mpeg

I do not seem to have this problem for trajectories with a fewer number of frames (e.g. a few hundred).

Thanks for your help!
Carolyn