From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2011 - 10:25:45 CDT

Hi,
  Yes, the "parm7" plugin reads the charges and masses and various
name information, but ignores the radii information in the file.
I seem to vaguely recall this is because the radii are stored with
some sort of scaling operation applied in some case and not being
AMBER experts it was safer not to try and use it than to use it and
get it wrong. If someone with more experience with AMBER wants to
have a look, it should be trivial to make the parm7 plugin read radii
information when it is available.