From: harish vashisth (harish.vashisth_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2011 - 10:42:09 CDT

Hi Johan,
    Thanks a lot for writing and help. Yes, i tried to follow similar steps
as given on the plugin page, plus you showed me how to use it when I visited
the TCBG couple of weeks back. Now, I load a 120 frame trajectory, and added
the first and last frame to the viewpoints, followed by adding them to movie
list. Because frames are only 120, the transition time shown is just 5 sec,
which I changed to 10 sec using VCR total-movie-time button. On enabling
"user-defned-proc" in MovieMaker, it renders 240 frames of the movie just
fine. Here is the info that you asked for:

Info) Logging commands to 'session1.dat'.
Generating frames with View-Change-Render.
Movie Maker settings:
    framerate=24 fps
    duration=10.0 sec
    frameskip=1
    total animation frames=240
View-Change-Render settings:
    total trajectory frames=119
    total time=9.999999999999998
    Retrieving first viewpoint
Reached viewpoint 1 proceeding to viewpoint 2 in 240.0 frames.
No frame format conversion necessary, continuing.
Converting frames to MPEG-1 video format
ppmtompeg /home/harishv/tmp/johan.par
Cleaning generated data, frames, and encoder parameter files
Movie generation complete.

Also, I know how to render user defined movies via "moviecallback" proc, and
MovieMaker seems to render those movies as per the procedure.

I am not sure if there is something wrong or "MovieMaker" is probably
working okay? I was thinking if I am making a list of 10 viewpoints--why
"MovieMaker" is not moving only among those when we choose
"user-defined-proc". It seems to me that MovieMaker somehow sees total movie
time when we enable it, and interpolates extra frames between them for
smooth transition. This might be a cause for confusion here, but I am not
too sure. Please clarify.

Regards,
-Harish