From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 13:59:40 CDT

Hi,
  I think you'll want to read the VMD Tutorials or the VMD User's Guide
to learn how to select atoms by their cartesian coordinates, so that you
can compute the atoms that are within your nanotube, and then use that
to write the necessary analysis script for your purposes:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9/ug/node93.html

Cheers,
  John