From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2011 - 13:16:11 CDT

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:28 PM, hamid mosaddeghi
<hamid592004m_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Axel
>
> I used same condition with some paper and then I have this problem.
>
> do you write HBOND tcl in VMD? Please check it for SPC/E water.

no, but that is irrelevant here. there is _nothing_ in hydrogen
bonding analysis that needs to care about the nature of a
water potential. why should it?

> PS: my systems run under Dl_poly 2.18 and after equilibrated I used History
> file for analysis.
> condition of my system:
>
> -temperature: 300K
> -Pressure: 1-3 atm
> -density: 0.998 g/cm3
> -timestep:0.001 ns
> -I used Spc/e water with constraint see help dl_poly

i repeat, that doesn't say anything. have you made
_any_ statistical analysis on the "quality" of your data?
how do did you determine equilibration?
do you have any independent parameters,
that can confirm that you are actually correctly
reproducing the simulation in the reference?
do you use the same kind of thermostat?
what about long-range electrostatics?

you cannot just say. i ran this simulation,
i use this script and it doesn't give the same
number, so the script has to be wrong.

axel.

> Best Regards

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer