From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2011 - 18:14:30 CDT

sebastian,

2011/8/19 Sebastián Gutiérrez <segumal_at_gmail.com>:
> Axel,
>
> strangely enough, i don't seem to have a 'atomselect' issue, since other
> scripts run ok without consuming up my RAM.

indeed. there is only one atomselect and that is outside the nested loop.
so this is is not a problem.

> I thought that maybe unsetting some variables might help freeing some RAM,
> but it's not working...

> Could you (or someone else) help me by looking at my script and telling me
> what might be causing the leakage?

i don't see anything obvious, so it is possible, that you are
triggering a real memory leak in VMD. are you using the
current version (1.9)? if not, please update.

secondly, have you considered using "measure dihed" instead of
"ab"using the label command? that may also give us an indication
of whether the label command has a leak.

if you can make some example trajectory data available to me
(off-list), then i can have a closer look.

thanks,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer