From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2011 - 13:41:23 CDT

Hi,
  You can do this from the text command window (or a script) like this:
mol new file.crd type crdbox
or
mol addfile file.crd type crdbox

I haven't fully documented the movie maker plugin's script-based
interfaces, but it is possible to automate movie generation by setting
a few movie maker variables and calling the right sequence of
movie maker procedures. I'm currently in the process of reworking some
of this to allow parallel movie rendering on clusters, but I should
have a new easy-to-use script-based interface available for it soon.