From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2011 - 13:08:13 CDT

Hi,
  Based on my reading of the HOLE page, you may need to write the intended
input for qpt_conv to a file first, and then run qpt_conf with input redirected
from the file. I think that you may want to do it that way so you can
get the proper carriage return characters into the input stream for qpt_conv.
Without the carriage returns, I don't know what it would do. I just read
the man page here and haven't tried it personally:
  http://d2o.bioch.ox.ac.uk:38080/doc/hole_d04.html