From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 22:48:47 CDT

Hi,
  It appears that you have installed a 64-bit version of VMD on
a machine that is running a 32-bit version of Linux. I think that
if you delete this and install the 32-bit VMD on this machine you
won't have problems. You can verify this by running the command:
  uname -m

If you were running a 64-bit Linux, it would say "x86_64", but given
the errors you provided below, I would guess that you are running a
32-bit Linux.