From: Marek Maly (marek.maly_at_ujep.cz)
Date: Thu May 26 2011 - 04:29:12 CDT

Hello Axel,

thanks a lot for your prompt answer !

I think, that suggested characteristic (mean value of surface potential)
might
converge. Of course one should use enough frames from the trajectory, so
for
the particular molecule not calculate this property just from one frame as
such value
has small representative meaning especially in case of more flexible
molecules.
Moreover if one do this "measuremet" not directly on vdw surface or water
accessible surface,
but on surface accessible to "bigger probe" (let say three, four times
bigger then usual H2O probe (1.4A)),
the convergence properties should be improved. The idea of this
characteristic came from
need to have some quantitative characteristic which might be correlated
with
experimental zeta potential measurements when comparing several
differently charged molecules thats all...

Anyway thanks again for your comments and of course I would be grateful to
anybody for
another suggestions regarding some quantitative characteristic which might
be correlated with zeta potential
results.

     Best wishes,

         Marek