From: Lane Votapka (lvotapka100_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2011 - 13:17:26 CDT

Hello again,

I have figured out the answer of my own question for everyone's future
reference:

To cause VMD to load a gaussian cube file in a specified coordinate, all
that needs to be changed is the coordinate at the third line of the file.
Changing these values with a simple text editor or script would do.

I'm not sure whether this can be applied to other ascii or binary map files
such as .dx or .phi files. I would imagine that those files have headers; so
perhaps one of the header lines controls where it is loaded.

Cheers,
-Lane Votapka