From: Olaf Lenz (olenz_at_icp.uni-stuttgart.de)
Date: Wed May 11 2011 - 09:11:32 CDT

Hi!

On 05/11/2011 03:16 PM, Jennifer Williams wrote:
> I have a cubic molecule (.xyz file) and I simply want to take a
> slice through it. i.e as if to cut it in half and display the face of
> the cut-edge.

I do not know how you want to achieve anything with "mol volume", which
is used to generate volumetric plots.

The simplest way to achieve what you want is by using the selections,
i.e. simply type into the selection something like: "x < 0.5"
Then you will see all atoms with an x coordinate less than 0.5, and you
an have a look at the cross section.

Note that this will not slice through the atoms, however. If you want
that, then you can use the Clipping plane tool in "Extensions" ->
"Visualization" -> "Clipping Plane Tool".

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart