From: Edward Lyman (edward.lyman_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2011 - 09:34:57 CDT

Hi Jesper,

I ran into a similar problem trying to calculate the SASA of the hydrophobic
chains of a lipid bilayer. The SASA calculator includes the chain surface
around the boudary, which are obviously hidden by periodic images. So (at
the suggestion of Axel K if I remember correctly) I replicated the system
periodically at the edges of the bilayer, then wrote a new system which
includes the periodic images. Then I used the -restrict option for sasa to
include only the original periodic cell.

hth,