From: Phelan Jr., Frederick R. Dr. (frederick.phelan_at_nist.gov)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2011 - 15:57:49 CDT

I just installed VMD 1.9, but I get the following error when I try to run it:

ERROR) Could not read the vmd initialization file -

ERROR) source {C:/Program Files (x86)/University of Illinois/VMD//scripts/vmd/vmdinit.tcl}

ERROR) user key Escape is not valid

ERROR) The VMDDIR variable in the Windows registry is missing or incorrect.

ERROR) VMD will continue with limited functionality.

ERROR) invalid command name "vmd_load_extension_packages"

Tried to repair the installation, but that did not help.

Fred

________________________________
Frederick R. Phelan Jr., Ph.D.
Complex Fluids Group