From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2011 - 15:44:09 CST

Dow, (and other interested parties)
  I forgot to include a link to the various WebGL browsers
that are available:
  http://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Getting_a_WebGL_Implementation

Here is a page that will determine if your web browser has a
working VRML and/or X3D plugin (for those that don't have WebGL),
and download links for obtaining them:
  http://cic.nist.gov/vrml/vbdetect.html

There are also standalone programs out there that will directly
display X3D files, if you want to do it outside a web browser:
  http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/help.html

Cheers,
  John