From: Tim Travers (tstravers_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 11:39:11 CST

Hello,

I'm not sure how you mean by VMD not recognizing this. I regularly use
neutral patches, via the psfgen
plugin of VMD. You can follow the tutorial at

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-unix-html/node6.html

and at step 6, when you create a segment for your PDB via:

segment U {pdb ubq.pdb}

you can do this instead:

segment U {
pdb ubq.pdb
first NNEU
last CNEU
}

just replace 'U' with your desired segment name (I usually just use P), and
'ubq.pdb' with
the name of your PDB file.

Hope this helps,
Tim