From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 19:30:06 CST

Hi Brian,
I think there may be some confusion about the usage of stride, skip, and
step length. Stride and step length are purely for bookkeeping purposes,
and help make sure that the times listed in the output match up with
your real timestep. What you're after is probably the skip argument.

Regarding selections, that sort of thing should work just fine, and
indeed, does when I try it on typical test systems. Could you give an
exact example of input structure and arguments where it fails?

Thanks,
Peter