From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2011 - 16:28:23 CST

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM, B.M.B. Vanschouwen
<vanschbm_at_univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a group of structures (in PDB format) for a protein that I would
> like to display simultaneously in VMD (and possibly display each
> structure in a different colour), in order to get a visual illustration
> of the motions occurring within the protein molecule.

you can just load the pdb file multiple times and then
create a representation for each of them (you can use
the clone rep plugin to copy the first from one to others
and then modify).

and then for the representation you go on the trajectory
tab and instead of "now" you can change it to the frame
number that you want to show.

now you can edit the colors or materials for each "molecule".

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer