From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 12:40:40 CST

branko,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Branko <bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.rs> wrote:

> Axel,
>
> Thanks for a prompt respond, below are two scripts that I try to use. For
> the first one I receive message that channel for rgyrA is unknown, second

this is due to lack of understanding of basic Tcl file I/O syntax. PEBCAC!

> script only load psf and dcd, but without any analysis. For first script psf
> and dcd were loaded before sourcing and all files are in the same directory.
> As information chosen atoms are always the same in whole trajectory. Thanks
> for help

you don't even have to two scripts.
here is a better variant (untested):

set mol [mol new 4Brintheat.psf type psf waitfor all]
mol addfile 4Brinthdin.dcd type dcd waitfor all
set outfile "rgyrA.dat"

set nf [molinfo $mol get numframes]
set out [open $outfile w]

set sel [atomselect $mol "index 8 to 16 20"]
for { set i 0 } { $i < $nf } {incr i} {
  $sel frame $i
  puts $out "$i [measure rgyr $sel]"
}
$sel delete
close $out

that should do unless i made a typo somewhere.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer