From: Eduard Schreiner (eduard.schreiner_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2010 - 13:01:09 CDT

Take a look into the User's Guide, section 11.4.2.
You should also make yourself familiar with the atomselect command.

As a start:
say, mol 0 is a crystal structure,
mol 1 is a trajectory, and
you want to measure rmsd between the crystal and and step 100 of the
trajectory for the backbone of residues 25 to 35

set a [atomselect 0 "residue 25 to 35 and backbone"]
set b [atomselect 1 "residue 25 to 35 and backbone" frame 99]
measure rmsd $a $b

#free memory
$a delete
$b delete

eddi

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:53 AM, divya nayar <divya.alchemist_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I want to calculate RMSD of solvated peptide using Tcl script in VMD. I want
> to find RMSD with respect to a reference structure i.e.minimized
> crystallographic structure and not frame 0 of the trajectory (as mentioned
> in rmsd.tcl given in tutorials). How can I use another molecule (minimized
> crystallographic structure) in the same script to mention reference
> structure appropriately in the 'atomselect' option?
>
> Also, when a selection of "backbone" of peptide is made in atomeselect, does
> it include havy atoms from the side chains as well?
>
> Thanks,
> Divya Nayar

Eduard Schreiner
Phone: 217-244-4361