From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2010 - 13:54:12 CDT

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM, masoumeh ozmaeian <ozmaian83_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry fot that.
> It's obvious I have force fields parameters. I meant it's not in a special
> data format for VMD.

VMD doesn't do any simulation. you need the parameters in
a format suitable for the MD code that you want to use. several
codes can read multiple topology file formats or have tools
to convert between them.

and there are multiple ways to go about creating the necessary
topology and coordinate information within VMD, too.

VMD originates in bio simulations and thus the majority of
its tools are optimized for such simulations. however, that
doesn't mean you cannot use it for other systems, but you
have to be more creative and cannot just blindly use the
same methods and strategies. if you _do_ want to use the
same scheme (and psfgen), then you indeed have to produce
the proper residue templates in the proper format. i have
never done this, but there are tutorials for that on the TCBG
home page somewhere. for simple polymers, using the
topotools plugin can be a good alternative, although you will
have to do a few more manual steps. but then again, topotools
is not confined by the assumptions of psfgen.
i (and others) have been using it to build topologies for LAMMPS,
but it works just as well for generating the information that can
be saved to a .psf file (actually, a .psf file contains less information
than a LAMMPS topology aka data file).

for the rest, you need to use common sense and teach yourself
sufficient skills in scripting.

axel.