From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 12:03:13 CDT

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Agarwal, Silvi
<Silvi_Agarwal_at_student.uml.edu> wrote:
>  Hello all,
>
>  I need to use IR spectra to analyse my trajectories in .dcd format and I
> have .psf file too. I read the plugin description but was not able to
> understand it clearly. I am wondering can I generate spectra with my files,
> if yes then please explain me how to do it?

hello silvi,

you have to explain a bit more about what you don't understand.
the IRspecGUI plugin computes the absolute of the fourier transform
of the dipole auto-correlation of the total dipole moment in the
provided atom selection. that will give you spectral densities.
there is not much else to explain unless you have a specific
question about any of the parameters or can provide some
more details about what you want to compute.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/