From: Gemma Kinsella (maynooth_at_maths.tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 10:07:26 CDT

Hi all,

I'm sorry to bother you with this but I'm having a little syntax trouble.
I have a loaded pdb in VMD 1.8.1, consisting of a protein in a
bilayer. I wanted to pick out some of the lipids that need to be deleted out, but my
atomselect command doesn't seem to be right! Any ideas??

Thanks,

Gemma

>Main< (NT) 70 % set crystal [atomselect top "protein"]
atomselect58
>Main< (NT) 71 % set lip [atomselect top "lipid"]
atomselect59
>Main< (NT) 72 % set lip_del [atomselect top "$lip within 1 of $crystal"]
atomselect: cannot parse selection text: atomselect59 within 1 of
atomselect58