From: Cun Zhang (apzc2529_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 03:25:21 CDT

I still don't know clearly what you want.
You mean specific water molecules, so you must think about how to select
these water molecules(math expresion may work, like "abs(x-5)<1 and water"
. I'm not sure)

When you select these molecules, you can use 'same residue as' to obtain
these residues and their ID.

I think you should read about Chapter 6 and Chapter 9 of vmd userguide. You
will get what you want.

--
Blog: http://www.edwardpku.com/cun