From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 14:09:37 CDT

Hi,
  Actually, I gave the wrong info for the location of the binaries
in an installation. They were not being copied into the final
distribution in the previous VMD revs. I have changed this for
the new version of VMD, but for VMD 1.8.7 one would get cionize
by compiling the plugin tree, or I can provide executables on request.