From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 13:05:49 CDT

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Edward Lyman <edward.lyman_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
>>draw the points as graphics objects with a script, with
>>each frame in a different molecule
>
> ok, so i create a series of different molecules using maybe 'mol new' each
> time. into each molecule I draw the set of points for one frame.
>
> >From there, you would animate
> the movie using the multimolanim plugin.
>
> ok, I found some brief web documentation for multimolanim, and found the gui
> interface. but i can't find doc on how to store the movie that you can step
> through with the gui.

at the moment you would have to do that manually.
using something like this (untested):

set nm [molinfo num]
for {set i 0} {$i < $nm} {incr i} {mol off $i}

for {set i 0} {$i < $nm} {incr i} {
   mol on $i
   display update
   display update ui
   render snapshot [format "frame-%d.tga" $i]
   mol off $i
}

...and then use whatever is needed to make a
movie out of those files.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/