From: Edward Lyman (edward.lyman_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 11:54:47 CDT

Hi all,

I have a trajectory, but it is not a trajectory of a molecular system.
Rather it is a trajectory of a bunch of points in a plane that are
projections of the SASA of a molecular system. I have them stored in xyz
format, but each frame in my trajectory naturally has a different number of
points. Also, when I attempt to naively load the entire trajectory into vmd,
it fails on the second frame with lots of errors about too manty bonds, as
it tries to connect this points into a molecule.

Is there a simple way to load a stack of, say, 200 snapshots of my points
and then stack them into an animation? All the scripts I see on the website
seem to work only for a trajectory that has the same number of points in
each frame.

Thx,
Ed