From: Ian Stokes-Rees (ijstokes_at_hkl.hms.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 02:24:38 CDT

On 7/15/10 8:44 PM, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
> Are there any particular pointers for building VMD with both Python and
> CUDA support on the most recent MacBook Pros (nVidia GeForce GT 330M, 6
> processors, 48 cores, CUDA 3.0), running OS X 10.6.3?

Here is a list of the packages I've had to install so far:

Numeric-24.2/
charm/
fftw-3.2.2/
ATLAS/
quat/
vrpn/
tachyon/
fltk-1.3.x-r7669/
surf/
stride/
tk/
tcl/
gfortran/

Of course, I had to modify makefiles, change header files, comment out
#includes, comment out problematic code blocks, etc. etc.

I feel like I'm close, but not quite there. I'm now stuck on the CUDA
part, with the following error:

Compiling msmpot_cuda.cu --> msmpot_cuda.o ...
nvcc warning : option 'host-compilation' has been deprecated and is ignored
nvcc fatal : Unknown option 'F/System/Library/Frameworks'
make: *** [msmpot_cuda.o] Error 255

Any suggestions on how to overcome this would be greatly appreciated. I
do have the latest full CUDA 3 SDK installed.

Ian