From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2010 - 11:07:06 CDT

On Jul 1, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Luis Guillermo Cota Preciado wrote:

> Here's a couple of questions whose answers I haven't been able to come up with myself:
>
> • At least on my screen, when VMD is in perspective mode atoms (spheres) become oblong as they get closer to the edge of the window. How can I correct this
> behavior?

I think what you are seeing is the normal representation of a sphere in a perspective view. To eliminate, switch to orthographic. To instead reduce the perspective effect, move your viewpoint away, and then scale the image back up to the desired size.

Robert Brunner
rbrunner_at_illinois.edu
217-333-7677